1963 Aston Martin DB4 Convertible Series 5
Original Factory LHD to SS Specification
1 of only 7 Cars Produced
The Aston Martin DB4 was perhaps the finest compromise which the David Brown owned company ever achieved between exceptionally high-quality, exceptionally high-performance, exceptionally lavish finishing and yet properly contained overall size and weight; a great British product, benefiting from the styling input of Touring of Milan.
Classically proportioned and instantly recognisable from the moment of its introduction in 1958, the Touring-styled Aston Martin DB4 established a look that would survive, with only minor revisions, until 1970. Moreover, it was the first Aston Martin to carry Carrozzeria Touring's 'Superleggera' bodywork, in which light alloy panels were fixed to a framework of light-gauge steel tubes welded to a platform chassis. Although styled by Touring, the DB4's gorgeous fastback coachwork was built under license at Newport Pagnell by Aston Martin, which employed some of the finest panel beaters in the industry. The result was a car whose sleek lines were described as 'unmistakably Italian and yet... equally unmistakably Aston Martin'.
The DB4 model range was developed through no fewer than five series. The final (5th) Series manufactured between September 1962 and June 1963 was built on a 3½" longer wheelbase (allowing for increased leg room and a larger boot) and gained 15" wheels, an electric radiator fan and the DB4GT-type instrument panel.
Our car is 1 of only 7 produced in Left Hand Drive with the SS (Vantage) engine.
Please contact Sports Classics London for further details.